Prospectus for Self-support Programs at Lanzhou University
Edit Time： View：0
Lanzhou University, founded in 1909 , is a comprehensive university directly under the Ministry of Education in China. It is located in Lanzhou—the capital city of Gansu Province sitting along the Yellow River, covering a total area of 630.6 acres including 6 campuses and 3 affiliated hospitals.
Currently there are 20,710 undergraduates, 9, 682 postgraduates, and 2,295 PhD students on campus. There are 4,204 staff members and 2,015 full-time teachers working here, among them there are 507 professors, 697 associate professors, 1,543 graduate supervisors, and 11 academicians.
Lanzhou University boasts of a wide range of disciplines, covering all 12 disciplines except military science. Currently it embraces 91 undergraduate majors, 235 authorized graduate majors, 116 authorized doctoral majors and 14 centers for post-doctoral studies.
Lanzhou University is actively involved in international academic exchanges and cooperation programs, it has established friendly relations with over 153 universities and research institutes from over 39 countries and regions. Cooperation partners covers across Asia, America, Europe, Africa, and Oceania. In recent years, there were 7853 visiting scholars from foreign countries or from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan have come to our university, and we have sent 3,414 personnel to attend academic conferences, cooperative research and other activities, and sent about 4,135 students to study abroad both for degrees and to exchange. In addition, we have recruited and cultivated over 2,000 international students. Also Lanzhou University has co-established three Confucius Institutes with three foreign universities In Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, and Georgia and one Confucius Classroom in Georgia.
In 2018, Lanzhou University enrolls self-support students from all over the world.
I. Application time
Degree students: March to July
Non-degree students: February to December
Summer Chinese program：March to June
II. Study duration
Bachelor’s Degree is 4 years (medical specialty is 5 years), Master’s Degree is 2-4 years, Doctoral Degree is 4-5 years. Teaching language will be in Chinese, English or bilingual. Students will be issued the graduation certificate if they complete the specified teaching plan, pass the examination and thesis defense , will be granted the corresponding diploma if they pass the degree reviewing.
III. Applicant’s qualification
1. Application is open to applicants who own non-Chinese citizenship in good health condition.
2. Aged between 16 and 50 before Sep.1, 2018; Applicant who is under 18 years old must submit the "Certificate of Guardian in China".
3. Age limit:
Chinese language learners or general scholars must have a high school diploma or equivalent and be under the age of 50;
Senior scholars must have a master's degree or above and be under the age of 50;
Bachelor degree applicants must have a high school diploma and be under the age of 25;
Master degree applicants must have a Bachelor degree and be under the age of 35;
Doctoral degree applicants must have a Master degree and be under the age of 40;
IV. Application Documents
Applicants must truthfully complete and submit the following application materials:
1. Online application form for international students of Lanzhou university (Need to register and apply through our online application service system: https://lzu.17gz.org/member/login.do )
2. Copy of Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form in English. The physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner’s Physical Examination Form . Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.
3. Notarized version of applicant’s highest diploma and certificate. (Documents in other languages must be accompanied by a notarized translation in Chinese or English. A copy of graduation certificate or degree certificate and English version of the certificate. Senior students should provide certificate which can show their expected date of graduation. original diploma must be presented when you come to register).
4. Notarized version of applicant’s transcripts. Need original transcripts for all courses of the obtained highest degree (Documents in other languages must be accompanied by a notarized translation in Chinese or English)
5. Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English by different professors or associate professors. (No need to provide this letter if applying Bachelor’s or non-degree.)
6. Personal Statement. Must include self introduction, education background and learning goals in Chinese or in English (no less than 800 words).
7. Non-criminal certificate.
8. Proof of English or Chinese proficiency. (Such as HSK 4 and above, TOFEL score 80 or above, IELTS score 5.5 and above, GRE).
V. Application procedure
1. Log in onto International students service system of Lanzhou University and finish online application. (https://lzu.17gz.org/member/login.do)
2. For the applicant who submits the application and related certificate attachment on time, and the application material information is true and complete, our school will organize experts to review application materials, and publish the results in the system about two weeks after the end of the application period.
3. Post admission notice and other documents. The admission time is before September 15, 2018. The specific time is based on the Admission Notice. Admitted students must follow the registration procedures at the student affairs’ office in International Cultural Exchange School of Lanzhou University strictly in accordance with the specified time in the admission notice. Those who fail to register during the specified enrollment time will be disqualified from enrollment.
(Note: Online registration is a prerequisite procedure for applying. Our school will not accept paper application materials if there is no online application.)
VI. Contact Information
Miss Wang Shan
Mailing address: School of International Cultural Exchange, Lanzhou University
222 South Tianshui Road, Lanzhou 730000, Gansu Province, P. R. China
Office location: Office 908, Guanyun Building, Main Campus, Lanzhou University, Lanzhou.
International Cultural Exchange School of Lanzhou University